The mission of The MasterCard Foundation is to advance education and financial inclusion to catalyze prosperity in developing countries. The Scholars Program is a 10-year program, offering world-class education at Duke University, supported by $13.5 million in funding from The MasterCard Foundation, fosters growth and development in a select group of students from all countries and other developing areas.
At Duke, scholars work with professors who have decades of experience leading projects in Africa. Through challenging classes, research opportunities, and programs designed especially for these students, The MasterCard Foundation Scholars at Duke are provided the educational tools needed to become leaders. Duke recognizes education is a catalyst for social and economic betterment. This visionary program creates a pipeline of leaders for a global society. Duke is consistently included among the best universities in the world by numerous university rankings, and among the most innovative, according to a Reuters survey.
Deadline: September 2, 2018.
University/institution of study: Duke University,USA
Scholarship sponsor: MasterCard Foundation
Place of study: North Carolina, USA
Level of study: Scholarships are available for pursuing Bachelor, Masters and PhD degree programmes at Duke University
The MasterCard scholarship will cover for those accepted to the undergraduate program at Duke University;
- Full tuition fees at the overseas rate;
- Costs incurred for visa and processing;
- Costs incurred for English language tests;
- Economy class air tickets to and from USA for awardees who are citizens and residents of a developing country;
- University self catered accommodation;
- A food stipend to cover costs of food expenses;
- A general stipend to cover basic living costs, including an academic allowance towards prescribed textbooks, printing and school supplies.
By simply applying to Duke University all students will be considered for The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program based on academic talent, financial need, and interest in improving their communities.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Being a citizen of a developing country
- Come from an economically disadvantaged background
- Having demonstrated the will to give back to your community, country, or continent
- Having expressed the desire and intention to return to your home country after completing your studies.