Part-Time Head Transit Service Clerk 2 Canada
- Provide exceptional customer service to customers in person or by phone.
- Receive, assess, refer and answer public inquiries about Brampton Transit and the services offered.
- Communicate Transit schedules.
- Responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the store in the absence of a Head Clerk.
- Update Absent Notification Reports, complete accident incident reports, operate a POS system.
- Perform exchanges/refunds on fare passes and make adjustments to incorrectly completed transactions.
- Handle escalated customer service issues.
- Perform other similar and related duties to the position, as assigned.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent secondary education as established by the Ontario Ministry of Education.
- 1 year experience in cash handling, cash balancing, and customer service experience is a definite asset.
- Strong map reading skills and understanding of scheduling timetables.
- In-depth knowledge of the streets and locations within the City of Brampton and connecting communities.
- An aptitude and passion for customer service
- Ability to work independently and within a team, in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong sense of time management and prioritization.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Successful candidates must be available to work flexible hours: this position will involve mostly closing evenings and opening or closing on weekends.
- Submit a Standard Criminal Record Check
Job status: Part-time
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.