The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
The American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for a suitably qualified candidate to fill the vacant positions below, these positions are a multi-national one, Open to both National and Expatriate:
Job Title: Assistant/Associate Professors in Computer Science
Department: School of Information Technology and Computing
Summary of Position
- The Assistant or Associate Professor of Computer Science will be responsible for teaching and supporting students learning both inside and outside the classroom.
- She/He shall work closely with the Department Chair and Dean of the school in formulating and implementing course syllabi that would translate to effective teaching and learning in the AUN School of IT & Computing and also engage students with other resource assignments in accordance with policies and procedures.
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Ph.D. in Computer Science (or a related discipline) from a reputable University
- At least five(5) years of teaching and research experience garnered at a reputable University including supervision of undergraduate and post-graduate student research works
- Must possess verifiable evidence of scholarly publications in reputable conferences or journals
- Substantive experience in programming paradigm and language analysis.
- Professional certification in the field will be a plus
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and theories of classroom teaching
- Should be proficient in use of ICT and online tools and e-resources for teaching and research
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position:
- Appropriate academic credentials, as well as successful post-secondary teaching experience.
- Experience in Africa or other parts of the developing world is a plus.
- A strong commitment to development
- An understanding of the essential values of academic integrity, civility, collegiality and diversity in a community of learners
- A demonstrated commitment to academic excellence, cultural diversity, and equal opportunity
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 30th November, 2017.